Pages

Tuesday, August 5, 2014

A New Adventure

Type. Type. Type. Back space........Type Type Type......Backspace. Type....Backspace.

This is what I've done for the last twenty minutes as I've prepared to enter the official world of blogging. The more daunting task is that I am choosing to write for an audience of teachers. If you didn't know, they tend to be critical; silently correcting all of your grammar mistakes in their heads, sighing at the misuse of there, they're, and their. I know because I am one.

Deliberately moving that acute awareness aside, I am excited. I am beginning to share my teaching journey with others. In my world, there is a rule with teacher's children "If you're a first year teacher, keep your mouth shut; be a team player, be helpful, but don't be a doormat...and you'll be just fine." (Notice all of the "be" words in there?)

Well, I am now beginning my third year as an official school teacher. I feel it is safe(r) to share. I've learned a lot, but I am also quite content to admit that there is still much I have to learn. I've also learned that life is too wonderful not to think of it as an adventure; I believe in turning the mundane into something special.

I hope you enjoy this adventure with me.


No comments:

Post a Comment