Pages

Tuesday, September 30, 2014

For the First Time in Forever...

I firmly believe in the phrase "If you can't say something nice, be quiet" so that's exactly what I've been doing.

I've been busy conforming to a new guideline, boundary, or hidden rule on a daily basis and growing weary of fifteen hour days with little sense of accomplishment. It's been a rough year. I've repented of anytime I've ever thought I knew anything about teaching. I've especially repented of all the times I thought I had classroom management skills or could talk children into making the right choice.

I am missing my country teacher life with immense intensity these days. The days of me being able to make my own copies are gone, along with conference planning times to shut the door and get down to business.

However, I felt a load off my shoulders today. I finally said it.

"We could use our time much more efficiently and effectively if we had a Google doc which could be updated live."

For the first time in forever, I'm beginning to feel like me again.

Cheers to efficiency, teachers!


No comments:

Post a Comment