Pages

Saturday, November 22, 2014

Unplanned Opportunities

“My world was changing, and I was not ready for it.” 
― Juliet MarillierDaughter of the Forest

I had an incredible first year of teaching; it was not perfect, but it was a wonderful year. My second year included a lot of change, but I was able to adjust well. My third year was a slap in the face- literally. I have questioned what in the world I am doing teaching and wondered how much money it actually takes to become a Miss Havisham.

Several weeks ago, I was given the opportunity to begin working as a Reading and ESL Interventionist for my current school. After much prayer, I texted my principal with a thumbs up icon and said "Let's do this!" Now, I am an Intervention Teacher for Grades 3 through 5.

Despite the fact I feel that this adjustment was a bit premature, I am determining to make the best of the situation with a happy and thankful heart.

This is going to be interesting...Let's do this.



No comments:

Post a Comment